Julie Funke, a Renowned Yoga Instructor, Passed Away at the Age of 65

Julie Funke, a well-known yoga and wellness community name, passed away on September 5, 2023, at 65.

She was the daughter of the late Donald and Mary Lou Funke. She was born on May 5, 1958. She was a renowned Yoga Instructor who inspired thousands, if not millions, to live in peace and harmony with nature. She had been teaching fitness and Yoga since 1980.

Who was Julie Funke?

She was a registered Yoga Teacher at Yoga Alliance. Health and wellness was a mantra she lived her life by. She dedicated her life to inspiring and guiding others toward fitness and wellness.

She was enthusiastic about life. Anusara Yoga profoundly influenced her, and she also achieved the milestone of 100 hours certified through Baptiste Yoga.

Julie was also trained in Thai Yoga Bodywork through Thai Bodyworks in Evanston, Illinois. She mastered this state-of-the-art therapeutic bodywork, incorporating specialized techniques with traditional Thai massage to target myofascial trigger points and help restore fluid motion across joints. She was passionate about learning new traits, allowing her to help others more effectively. She loved to help others.

Yoga might be her passion, but her real talent was her connection to her community. She loved everyone, and everyone loved her. She believed in everyone and loved to help them see the best in themselves. She was a motivator and always instructed everyone with love and great care. Her heart was filled with joy and kindness. She always graced her face with a comforting smile.

Yoga can be challenging for the beginners. Some struggle with it more than others. But if you are lucky enough and have an instructor as kind as Julie, you don’t have to worry. She never turned anyone away and was kind enough never to let anyone feel judged or left behind. She was a mentor, a teacher as well as a healer. She chose the path to kindness over force and peace over chaos. She strived to live as her best, authentic self and inspired others to do the same.

Obituary and Funeral

Her Obituary was posted online, which celebrates her beautiful life. The visitation will be at Ortmann Stipanovich Funeral Home on Friday, September 8, from 3 pm to 7 pm, and the Funeral will be held on September 9 at 10:30 am at Incarnate Word Church.

Tributes

Gianna Rosenbaum wrote on social media,

“The world lost an incredible woman yesterday. Julie’s lived life to its fullest. Her laugh filled up a room, her kindness knew no boundaries, and her energy was contagious. I never knew a more positive soul.”

Kristel Weber-Thomas wrote,

“Julie, meeting you changed my life, and the way I view the world. I learned so much more than Yoga from you.” She continues. “I loved you from the first moment we met and I will love you forever.”

News From: uptospeedjournalism.com

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7trzTqKqpnZWZt7DB0aeYpaGjonuku8xopZ6vo2S5sK%2FApWajrZyesm6y1Keinmc%3D